Our Mission Statement
Our mission here at Family Academy is to partner with those
- holding a Biblical worldview and
- possessing a passion to see this generation of young people achieve their fullest potential,
- especially in the essentials of faith, character, and personal integrity,
- as well as academically.
Our approach is two-fold in serving communities across America.
- We begin by equipping and empowering teachers to serve as consultants to families in their neighborhoods.
- In this way we can best come alongside parents
FA Philosophy: Our Model
The philosophy of Family Academy begins with the Biblical worldview showing that
- Each child is unique and of equal precious value before God,
- Learning takes place best within the context of meaningful relationships, and
- Parents should exercise the primary teaching influence during the K-12 years.
These guiding principles have yielded a triangulated relationship between a child (student), parent and a professional teacher (Teacher Consultant) who has been reoriented to Family-Directed Education rather than institutionally-based instruction. The organization has branded this: The Family Academy Way.
In this unique educational model, the parent and student consult with a quality teacher of their choice who is dedicated to supporting the family’s learning program. This arrangement empowers parents to raise their children to their full potential, academically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually.
The role of the student is to learn by exploring and achieving while interacting with the people in their life.
The role of the parent is to guide and encourage their student while collaborating with the Teacher Consultant and others. The parent can then make any adjustments needed to the learning program in light of both their own personal growth and that of their student.
The Teacher Consultant’s role is to challenge and assess the student, and to support and problem-solve with the parent.
As each member of this triangulated arrangement respectfully considers the thoughts and ideas of the other members, there is satisfying growth and development for each. Authority and responsibility for all aspects of the student’s education are retained in the hands of the parent who is supported by the training and assistance of the Teacher Consultant
FA’s role is to reinforce the family’s values and goals for the development of faith, character and personal achievement in each member, thereby strengthening the family unit
The Family Academy Way includes, but is not limited to:
- Learning within meaningful relationships
- Individualized learning plans
- Professional guidance
- Documentation of completed work (transcripts)
- High standards (raising the bar)
- Personalized help
- Academic and personal excellence
- Reinforcement of family values