Family Academy (FA) Teacher Consultants are independent contractors, free to structure their activities, services and fees within the parameters of the program.
Family Academy contracts with Techer Consultants (TCs) to operate an affiliated “learning center” (multiple innovative classroom models—from simple-in-your-home to complex) in their local areas. In addition, guidelines and procedures are available for your use. For example,
- evaluating student needs
- determining both parental and student learning styles
- student developmental maturity levels
- academic placements essentials for setting goals and objectives for each student
The contracted parameters TCs offer include:
- meeting regularly with their student individually, in groups, or family units
- sharing ideas and cultivating effective learning for the students and parents involved
- Giving guidelines of best practices gleaned from decades of experience in our Washington State affiliate
In addition, our FA program encourages and provides a conduit for Teacher Consultants to network through our Professional Membership, sharing ideas and expertise with their peers. With technology, sharing is easier than ever. With training, using technology is easier than ever.
Downloading the TC Application packet below provides more complete details. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206 928 2934 to speak to a real person.