Family Academy Resources for Teacher Consultants
Each Teacher Consultant receives a manual for each level of orientation completed
- Teacher Consultant Manual: Initial/K-8 + Teaching Your Own K-8 record-keeping book and Able to Teach course worktext
This manual provides the overview and plan for starting a Learning Center. There are several assignments for each prospective TC to complete prior to signing a contract. Each assignment creates an opportunity to retool your skills and training to become a Teacher Consultant. TC Manual Initial/K-8 Table of Contents (pdf)
- Teacher Consultant Manual: High School + Homeschooling the High Schooler, High School Your Way record-keeping book, Life Practicum and Biblical Worldview – course notebooks for those 2 FA required courses
This manual provides the overview and plan for working with high school students. Many TC-created course contracts are included for each subject area. TC Manual High School Table of Contents (pdf)
The Teacher Consutant also has access to:
- Inservice training provided 3x a year to keep your skills sharpened. Some optional inservices are offered virtually.
- Professional Membership in Family Academy
- The TC Room: This provides access to all required forms either as a PDF download or for on-line submission. In development: new course contracts, instructional links, various resources TCs have developed such as PowerPoint presentations on various topics useful for instruction.
- FA Staff – provides administrative and problem-solving support for all TCs .
- TC email – frequent communications are sent informing TCs about new resources, upcoming workshops, scholarship information for students.
- TC e-Letter – monthly newsletter featuring alumni, staff, and Teacher Consultants.
- Bookstore – contains many high quality and useful resources available for purchase to use with students or to expand TCs personal reference library.
- Curriculum Library – The Academy Northwest office contains many resources local TCs can review, many are available to check out for a limited time.
Family Academy Resources for Principal / Administrator
- Customized software for: student records and transcripts and tuition payments
- Virtual Teachers’ Room for TC communications, resources, grades submission, master forms, etc.
- Manuals for staff
- Publications for use with staff and enrolled families
See also Educator Resources for Teacher Consultants (above)